How to Create a Group Fund
Welcome! This is a brief summary of what we call a “Group Fund“. Our executive director would be glad to schedule a meeting with you to discuss this further, if you would like.
What is a Group fund?
- A way for you to promote the benefits of tax credit donations, tuition scholarships and make a direct impact in school choice.
How does it work?
- You create a Group fund name that you want to be known for such as My Company Fund.
- You refer individuals* and businesses to donate their tax credits to AZ4Education.
- We award scholarships to eligible** students.
What is a Group fund recommendation list?
- A recommendation list is optional.
- Must be at least one school or as least ten student names.
- Please consider using this “scholarship email” as a template to help with the list.
How is a Group fund managed?
- Once your Group fund has $10K or more, we review and disburse funds quarterly.
- If using a recommendation list, we contact the names and ask them to apply online.
- General updates about your Group fund may occur on a semi-annual basis.
How does this benefit you?
- You get a voice in how tax credit donations are used to support your community.
- Improved business relations with clients, employees, and partners.
- Recognition for making a difference in education.
Why is AZ4Education doing this?
- To help more families get a choice in education.
- Arizona taxpayers need a voice in how their income tax dollars can be used.
Who decides if a scholarship is awarded?
- All scholarships are determined solely by AZ4Education per state and federal law.
* Can be through verbal referral or with “donation email” template.
** Must meet AZ eligibility requirements